CERVICAL CANCER CARE
Cervical cancer develops when cells in the cervix begin to grow abnormally or a tumor forms. An HPV infection is nearly always linked to the formation of abnormal cells in the cervix. Depending on the stage of cancer and a woman's desire to have children, treatment options may vary. Most women should have cervical cancer screening on a regular basis.
Cervical cancer screening
- Pap test/Pap smear = Cervical cytology
- HPV(Human papillomavirus) test
4 Treatment options
- Surgery to remove part of the cervix
- Surgery to remove the entire uterus
- Radiation treatment
ADVANTAGES & EFFICACY
- Prevention of cervical cancer
- Diagnosis and treatment of cervical cancer
- Cervical cancer treatment
What causes cervical cancer?
Cervical cancer is caused by HPV infections that are spread by sexual transmission.
How fast can cervical cancer grow?
Cervical cancer develops very slowly. This may take years or even decades. Therefore, it is very important to check your conditions.
Can a man spread HPV to a woman?
Yes. Both men and women can transmit the HPV virus through sexual contact.