Wednesday at 2pm(PT), July 1, 2020
Learn from MSK experts on how to masterfully handle every step of a MSK case
VAGINAL INFECTIONS / STD SCREENING
Getting tested for STDs is one of the most essential things you can do to safeguard your health if you are sexually active.
The following are STD screening recommendation targets:
- All women from 13 to 64 should have an annual HIV test
- All sexually active women under 25 should have an annual gonorrhea and chlamydia test
- Women who have sexual activity with multiple sex partners over 25 should have gonorrhea and chlamydia test
- All pregnant women should be tested for syphilis, HIV, hepatitis B, and C, chlamydia, and gonorrhea early in pregnancy
- All women who have been HIV positive should be tested for hepatitis C
- All women who have unsafe sex or share injection drug equipment should be tested for HIV
If you have the following STD symptoms, please discuss them with a doctor.
- Sores or bumps on genitals, thighs, or butt cheeks
- Unusual discharge from your vagina
- Burning pee
- Itching, pain, irritation, or swelling in the vagina, vulva, or anus
- Flu-like symptoms (Fever, body aches, swollen glands, and feeling tired)
ADVANTAGES & EFFICACY
- Avoiding uncertainty
- STD prevention
- Short terms of treatment (If needed)
- Limiting the chances of other infections
Is STD contagious?
Yes, STD is contagious. You can pass it on through sexual interaction. However, you do not need to be concerned about passing through casual contact.
I am pregnant and have STD
We have treatment options that will keep both the mother and the baby safe. Please discuss it with a doctor.
How soon will I be recovered?
Your body will recover within a few days after taking antibiotics. However, you have to make sure to complete all treatment sessions.